You Are Reading

OUGD505 - What Is Good - Research Book Final Production









Print

I printed the inside of the book on bulky newsprint. My reason behind this is because I wanted a pure white colour stock to match the brand and identity of the festival, but I also wanted it to be a nice feel, texture and a little bit heavier than something like office paper for instance.







Binding

The whole book was put together with hand stitching. I originally wanted to used an elastic band bind but for the size of the book, this wasn't as succesful as I'd have hoped, which is why i ended up using the slightly more conventional bind.







I create this by measuring even hole about an inch apart down the spine of the pages together. I then proceeded using a hand drill to create holes all the way down. This was much easier when it come to threading the black thread with a needed and sewing all the way down. I researched into different methods of hand stitching before settling for this method.









Cover


The cover was printed on the neon pink stock used in the rest of the branding and then there was a separate half cover which was printed on thicker bright white card stock, to give it a stiffer fold and feel more like a cover when held. 








Photoshoot


I decided to photograph the book on the neon stock which helped fit in with the whole theme of the Festival well as providing a good start contrast with the white stock of the book. 









Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.