You Are Reading

OUGD505 - What Is Good - Anamorphic Experiments

I got around to experimenting with anamorphic illusions and how they might work in the environment. I wanted to use something that would be realistic and look good within my branding so I though that the most obvious thing would be my logo, the 'B'.




By viewing various online tutorials and looking at other previous anamorphic work, I had built up a good idea of how to go about creating this. I decided to create the piece on a corner of a wall as 



Development / Process




A small projector was used with the shape placed over acetate to cast a show across the desired area when I wanted the tape to be applied.





I used a piece of card to emphasise the shadow even more in certain parts that needed more detailed attention.




From the initial shadows, I began then to mark out certain areas of the logo that would give it shape around the corner of the wall. This was fairly successful technique, but needed cleaning up in areas. 




I set a time-lapse photo sequence to try and capture the progress but this wasn't as successful as I thought it might turn out. You can see how to illusion starts to take shape from this angle. I had to use blue tape because I needed a color which would stand out from white, and I couldn't find any pink tape that wasn't extreme tack (stickiness)





Eventually, the logo was created with some time and care, and I was really impressed with the results. I had to photograph this and document it in a way which could be later edited to make it appear believable in the environment. I'm glad I tried this instead of just proposing the idea, because its something that has fascinated me and always wanted to try. 




Angles Images






These various angles show how the perspective is altered through the wall art depending on where you stand around the corner. This adds decoration to the environment, but also enhances the idea of film being projected onto surfaces and then being straight on with he screen and the perfect square created. 

The style of anamorphic illusion lends itself to the topic and identity of the company.







More close up angles again emphasises how the logo distorts around different angles. 




Edits









Some of these edits help show the piece working in context. I have more image from this shoot so will have to consider properly editing them for use within the body of work. 



Mock-ups



I can further extend my proposal and work by creating detailed mock up's of how this could function in a more realistic environment. This might help deliver my concept better...











Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.