You Are Reading

OUGD505 - What Is Good - Branding / Stationary - Print & Craft


Stock

I ordered my stock from a supplier I found online for reasonably cheap. I matched up the stock with my initial concept of using the bright neon pink to initially grab attention but then also carry the brand and identity. I combined this with the additional use of bright white stock with a black ink printed on top of this. The ink reacts different to the different stock and surfaces. but this adds a little bit of textural difference  which I don't mind. 



ID Tags / Passes




You can see here with the Id Tags how the different stock surfaces work together. I feel the combination of white and black compliment each other well on top of this very loud neon pink. The two base colours are needed to keep it subtle and let the pink work. 





Once cropped down, I inserted the pass' into these plastic covers with pink lanyards which I purchased. This helps it become more believable and makes it work in a real life environment. 




The close up shows how the ink reacts to the different stock surfaces and also shows how the colour really works in different light surroundings.  this in natural light, and the illuminous elements of the stock are working. 




Tickets 



The tickets are probably my favourite element within the branding and stationary but was subsequently the hardest to create. The dimensions were tricky and it was hard to combine both stocks to help the logo stand out amongst the neon backdrop...




The black print was applied to the stock. I used a combination of the standard font used throughout the brand, Avenire LT Std, with a much more traditional receipt style typeface, which is often found on cinema tickets as an example. I wanted to introduce this type within other elements of the identity too, to emphasise these cinematic qualities. 




The second layer was applied to the tickets to give difference in stocks, surface textures and more importantly a dramatic contrast in colour. the black and the white again working in contrast with the coloured stock to create a very instant impact piece which is also quite pleasing to hold and keep as a souvenir form the film and part of the festival. 






I was very difficult to craft this but i', really pleased with the final outcome. Obviously if this was to be mass produced, there would be other processes considered, but visually I'm very happy. I had to go on to cut out the tickets and applied the ticket stump edges by using a hold punch. 






The tickets come joined up obviously with however many has been purchased along with a receipt on the end. The perforated circles mean that each ticket can be ripped off from the next when needed.



Business Cards






The business card were triplex printed. The front using the neon pink stock, with black ink, the back using black ink on white card stock, with an added black card stock running through the middle. This added quality to the business card whilst also keeping in theme with the business and brand. 




The front of the card I eventually went for a very simple and to the point logo on the chosen stock. I felt this give enough away about the brand to intrigue people into picking it up or keeping on their person but was also reserved enough for them to want to go and find out more information, which is fulfilling the expected job. 




As for the back of the business card, I didn't want to overuse the main typeface avenire and decided to bring in the digital style typeface across the tickets and into other parts of the stationary. I feel that this font in particular references cinema in all aspects, so I felt generally a good choice. The back is simple and clean. not over the top and left aligned. 





I experimented with various other techniques which involved applying the white stock again to the pink land also leaving the colour as the initial brand. I like both of these ideas, but don't feel they are strong enough to take through. 



Initial Brand / Stationary 




An idea of how the brand products might start to look across the board. They still need work but i'm happy with how these have come out.














Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.