You Are Reading

OUGD505 - Tate Liverpool Visit & Initial Mock Ups


Tate Liverpool

I love the setting of Tate Liverpool and I felt that the building would work well as the host of Festival, or at least to mock it up on. I visited Liverpool and got some first hand photographs of the Tate builsing as well as banners, bus stops and signs which can all be used to mock up promotional material.

I felt that by going and getting my own images, it means I don't have to run any copyright risks and also provides me with a more realistic range of images that when edited can really make my exhibition come to life.

Here is a PDF of some of the images I got whilst there. Luckily it was a lovely sunny day too, nice blue skies and natural lighting...






Initial Mock ups





I altered this image to make all the surroundings pink in colour. I think this is a bold way of tieing in the building itself, immersed into the identity and brand of the Festival. I added the type in the conversational tone with the very British 'fancy some pie and mash?'. I also added the logos which i create. The one of the pan of food to help reinforce the way finding making it easier for guests to make the connection through both type and image. I'm not sure if i'll use this for final, but its an option. 



I did the same with the front of the building, adding the logos to the existing signage. I think this needs a little work. The colours look too bright at the minute, but it's quite a difficult job to undertake when changing the colour. 





I'm fairly happy with how these banners have come out. I mocked up the artwork to the best of my ability, and added shadows to make it look a little bit more realistic. I think its worked really well! 


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.