You Are Reading

OUGD505 - What Is Good - Award / Keyring & Ceremony

Process 





You can see here the laser cutting process I undertook to create the sections that would create the award and smaller Keyring. I used a shiny black acrylic to give the look and feel of something more expensive than it actually is. I was hoping that it would photograph really well!






You can see from some of my original sketches what I planned on doing. I would glue the sections of acrylic together to form the base pieces of the award. The using a small hand drill and some thin copper pipe, I would drill through the centre of the outer parts as well as the inner 'B' section, then glue the pipe top and bottom to secure it in the middle. This would mean that the inner 'B' could swivel around 360 degrees...


Photographs




I spray painted the inner piping black so it fit in better with the colour of the award. I also in the end had to create two separate bits of piping because thats the only way i could get it to sit together. You can get an idea from the images how the B in the centre swivels in its place. 






The award would go hand in hand with the nomination card which I previously created. It seems like they compliment each other pretty well. 





I shot most of these images on the neon pink backdrop with a spotlight on the award. I felt that this give it a more 'classy' award ceremony style feel which is relevant. Hopefully its not overdone it and began to look tacky, thats my only worry. 





I personally prefer these starker images of black on white. It shows the craft of the award much better and I think the natural light it has been shot in here brings out the glossy qualities much more. 


Keyring 


As I was creating the award, I thought it would be cool to make a smaller version with the laser cut pieces I had. It was a little trickier to do than the big award but i just about managed it with a tiny hand drill and used metal wire to hold the letter in the middle. I added a key chain to the corner...














Award  Photography / Backdrop 




As you can see from this really rough initial sketch, Another idea I had for the award ceremony was to have a backdrop / red carpet style photography area, where guests can pose with their awards, or if they was no so lucky, pose with this big black square frame, which would create another frame within the image for them to pose in. This ties in directly with the shape of the logo and award and is just a nice touch for good promo. 



Backdrop





I used logos of the Film Festival itself along with the two main sponsors which are the Uk Film Council and the BFI (British Film Institute). I repeat patterned these up to get the desired effect. 





Just a fairly badly mocked up rendition of how the red (Pink) carpet might look. 





Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.