You Are Reading

Design For Print - Final Book Example

I decided to go all out and use an outsourced printers to print and bind one of my booklets for me. In a perfect world, all of the books would have been done in this way, but money is an issue.


The Cover 




I chose to add a gloss finish on a thicker stock for the front cover. The reason I chose this is because I feel that when it could be embossed, the gloss will really help the word pop on the cover, without taking over too much. I also think that this finish works well for any informative books, especially for this print manuel. It also shows two different types of stocked used throughout.



Embossing The Cover




I embossed the front cover using the same method as I did before. I knew this type of stock would work well, so it was just a case of taking the time to line up the plate with the print on the inside of the book. It was important for me that the transition was perfect when you turned the first page to reveal the title in white on the next inside page. 




Here you can see how cleat the embossed stock has worked out. I'm pleased with these results. 



Here you can see the inside page, when the front cover is turned over. 


Inside Pages 


I am a lot happier with the quality of the print now on this final book. The colours are consistent, from front cover throughout the book for a start and all the images and body copy seems to be a lot clearer that my own attempts. 













Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.