You Are Reading

Print Based Packaging - Crit Feedback





Strengths 


  • Work really well as a set 
  • Can tell it is designed for the Warehouse Project. Design fits with the theme of the brand and logo but is still original
  • Simple colour scheme of black and white but this brings out the design
  • All nets are suitable for the brand
  • Imagery composition has been developed and thought about well
  • Continuous theme throughout the range
  • Good use of different stock where nessacery
  • Bag is my favourite - been printed like an optical illusion

Areas For Improvement 

  • Maybe try to experiment with colours. Logo could contrast with background
  • Using different stock for different packaging has slightly altered the print colour
  • Stock is torn very slightly torn on some of the scores
  • Sticker quality isn't as good as other products
  • More 3D Packaging would be better 


My Comments on the Feedback

Overall I am happy with the feedback I received. Some of the improved areas I disagree with because I did try my packaging in colour originally which just wasn't working out to my taste. I wanted to strip back to the basic black and white of the warehouse project branding because that was what the brand was known for originally, and I didn't want to deter away from this so much.  I agree with the stock changing the colour slightly. I wanted to keep the range consistent but found this was difficult when choosing thinner and thicker stock for certain bits of packaging that was exactly the same colour. The sticker is something that I would obviously put more effort in to creating properly within a brief with a longer time and the 3D packaging is something that I would like to look at in future projects but was unfortunately stuck with the nets that I had been given as this was the task. Overall the feedback was great. This task has helped me with producing different kinds of nets and having to think about placement of branding in context with where the product may be displayed, opened as well as the actual function and purpose of the product. 


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.