You Are Reading

OUGD406 // It's Your Choice // Further Development

Further development of my newspaper/booklet...

I collected these images of Native Americans from sources online, layered them out and half-toned them. I wanted to add my quote over the top of them as i decided to use 'all that have died are equal'.  The images would help re-assure the traditional quote as well as ascetically adding to the piece...



I then went on to create my type, playing around with typography and shapes, i can up with this banner design. Using the colour scheme of red and blue i layered this over the top of the images...



Really like the aesthetic of this piece Should look great in my newspaper of quotes. 

I then move onto looking more into type and layout with image. I came up with these results, using quotes i had collected...



Experimenting with more traditional styles of typography layouts. taking influence from stuff i've seen on really old sign paintings and mexican wrestling posters. 

I moved onto layering textures and images with the type to help fit the theme and colour scheme...


Working into the type with brushes gave this 'weathered' look i wanted to achieve.



Working into the images to give them texture and more definition before layering the type over for the finished result...













Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.