You Are Reading

DandAD // Design Is About Doing // Final Crit Feedback

Today i had the final crit with four fellow students and our two tutors, Amber and Jo. I really enjoyed this crit as i could speak about my work in a much more relaxed environment and still get some great feedback from the tutors and peers.

I am really pleased that my concept and execution of the main poster got so much good feedback.

Here are some general good points raised :-

- Really good Concept (Text is readable from afar but not close up. This is to symbolise that people look at rain as a bad thing but if you look closer you can see the real qualities of it)

- The focus on the four senses is also a good idea and works really well with the concept of the rain.

- The optical illusion effect of the text and pattern that also is made from dashed lines to symbolises the rain as imagery. People seemed to think this was quite a clever idea too.

- As the poster is being judged by Erik Kessels, everyone seemed to like the fact that the piece was original, shown my own creative flair, but also clearly influenced by his styles. I thought i was playing it safe in a way, but it has seemed to work out ok for me.

And some things that i could work on:-

- I had only included four sense on the poster. Sound, Sight, Smell and Touch. My tutors seemed to think that adding in the other sense 'Taste' would make sense and i agreed. I'm not sure why i really left taste out but thinking on it again, it would be better to include all the senses.

- The small print about rain at the bottom of the poster. It was brought up that the concept is clear and good on it's own, meaning that their is no real point to have that text at the bottom. I agreed but was a little bit afraid of the concept working without anything else, but with the reassurance from students and tutors i am happy to change this.

- Another point was just to experiment slightly with the composition of the raindrops. At the moment it is in a boxed rectangle in the centre of the poster. I was asked to challenge that convention and move it around, offset it and just see what can make it more intersting. Try and make it without a border, etc...

- Finally, keep experiment with the colours to see which work best for the 'optical illusion'.

I will experiment slightly with these points raised and see how i can improve it any more before i send it off to D&AD. All in all though i am really happy with my final poster design. Fingers crossed that Kessels will like it as much as us lot.


Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.