You Are Reading

OUGD404 // What Is A Line // Final Zines Printed & Bound

I recently printed out the final 3 zines that i had created:-

- Zine No. 1 - Hats.
- Zine No. 2 - Top Ten Tv Dramas To See Before You Die.
- Zine No. 3 - Girl From Behind.

For the front cover, i have recently been really influenced by zines and books that use different sized paper for covers, like the one below. I decided, as my zines was a5 to have an a5 cover and keep the cover of the zines plain.


As i wanted to create a 'collection' of zines, i decided to use different coloured stock for each zine. Hopefully i will continue this as a self initiated project, creating maybe one extra zine a month. Each zine will have a different coloured stock for the cover and i was thinking of sticking to  the CMYK colours. Cyan, Magenta and Yellow are what i have used for these three...




I wanted to experiment with book making and the way the book was fastened together. As i printed on my own stock i also wanted to fasten them together myself so did this by using a book binding thick needle and some thick cotton. I originally wanted to create this japanese side fastening but realised that my zines would be too small to do this...



I wanted to bind the books myself, so after some more research i used the 'long stitch' binding method but piercing several holes down the spine of the book and weaving the cotton in and out. Here are some images of my zines to show the method i used...

(images of my final three zines)














(some images of the insides of the zines)










Iv'e uploaded my zines onto Issuu too, so that they can be viewed online as well as purchased as a hard copy...

3. GIRLS FROM BEHIND




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.