You Are Reading

OUGD404 // Type & Grid // Magazine Layout Re-visited

This was the first layout i created using InDesign for the kickboxing magazine double page spread. I decided, now that i was becoming a little bit more comfortable with using InDesign that i would re-visit the magazine layout, and maybe try it some different styles, ones that i am interested in personally, before settling on a finished outcome and printing...


I wanted to give the article a more 'proffesional' look. Basing the style from something you would see in a sunday telegraph or guardian magazine article. I lined the images up all the same size and stuck to a simple four column type and grid format which was based on my original design sheets...






I also used 'Rainstonne' typeface which is a san serif modernist font, to match the style. 



I changed the images to black and white to see what outcome this would give. They seemed to work better as a set. I also tried adding a red and white gradient over the images to give the striking contrast...








The second style i decided to try was by using gradients and overlapping text and image which is quite 'on trend' at the moment. I thought this might make the article look a little bit more professional, but might not be relevant for the subject. I used the blue and red colours to represent that of the opposing 'fighters'...





Messing around with the composition, layout and size of the images, laying them out differently within my grid layout...



Reducing the opacity lets you read the body copy clearer, while still maintaining the same style. I have also tried enlarging certain images to see how this works...






















Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.