You Are Reading

OUGD404 // Type & Gird // Re-visited

As i had lost the original article that i based my thumbnails from, i decided to chose a different one and re-do the excercise. Doing this will also be really worthwhile for me in practising layouts especially now i feel i know what i am doing more.


Here is the original article i chose to work with. It is about OJ Simpson and has 4 different images which is enough to work with but the layout is pretty average and boring, therefore would be one i can definitely improve. 

I split the DPS into 12 columns where everything fit into perfectly. I also put a few horizontal lines in there to help me see where the gutters are and there also seems to be a larger gutter at the top to all the other sides. 


I created a grid in InDesign which i could print out at a smaller scale to use for my thumbnail designs. this will be more effective than working out the math and drawing one up i feel.

Here are the thumbnail designs that i came up with. I wanted to the go with the style that i was working with for the kickboxing one but apply it to this is a more proffesional way. I used red and blue to represent colour...









Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.