You Are Reading

Design Production - Mutton Quad - Initial Mock-Ups

I decided to mock up some other products within the identity of the restaurant taking initial ideas from my design sheets...

___Tin Cans









I felt that the greatest and most successful idea for the tin cans would to be create the label from paper to be wrapped around the metal and use the branding logo as a separate sticker to keep this together. I feel this would tie everything together both physically and as a brand. (See Top Design)

Alternatively, I could keep the brand consistent using the red stripe as part of the logo, using this as a sticker around the metal, either vertically, or horizontally. (See Bottom Design)






____Bottles












Some more experiments with the bottle design. I wanted to keep the design minimal in order to let the clear glass bottle of water become part of the dining experience without too much distraction whilst also tying in with the overarching theme of the brand. I initially like the idea of having the logo on it's own in black, with a transparent background, this seemed to work well. 

However, with the introduction of the red 'stripe', I feel that this design may work better, particularly if the sticker was printed on the back of the bottle facing the inside so that you could see the design through the transparent liquid. I thought this might make for a really nice touch. 



_____Take-Out Bag





Keeping with the theme of the red block stripe, I liked the idea of using the rectangle as a sticker which will double up and have two purposes for use. One will be pure aesthetics to match the consistent theme of the restaurant identity, and the other would be to keep the fold of the bag shut and in turn, the food fresh. 

I also toyed around with the idea of including the red elastic band to keep the bag shut but in the end found the initial idea to work best both aesthetically and practically. 




Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.