You Are Reading

Responsive - Bacardi Brief - Initial Design Direction & Design Boards

____Re-written Brief






_____ Initial Design Sheets









Initial ideas for the Logo, Label Design and Bottle Shape and Design. 


Various symbols relating to the travelling man...

- Camp Fire 
- Tent 
- Bacardi Logo
- Night Sky 



As my main idea was to brand a new drink ' Bacardi Original', I decided that I needed to come up with ideas for symbols or pictograms that could be based around the brand. I also wanted to create a bar display that would be in the form of a crate sent from cuba, Inside the crate would contain various 'manly' items that would help promote the product to the target audience through physiology and aesthetics. 

- Hip Flask 
- Pocket Watch 
- Cuban Cigars
- Pipe 
- Compass
- Switch Blade
- Necklace 
- Keys
- Notebook
- Map
- Bottle of Rum





As my main idea was to brand a new drink ' Bacardi Original', I decided that I needed to come up with ideas for symbols or pictograms that could be based around the brand. I also wanted play around with the display of the product as well as the design on the bottle and label and whole brand. I want the brad to work across a number of channels as this will pick me up extra points in the brief. 

____Initial Designs 


I put together some very basic designs to get the direction across of where I want to take this project. I wanted to include vintage photography to re-create the idea of  a group of 'LADS' in a very old school way which will help bring the heritage of the brand right up to modern day, helping the target audience connect with history which is one of the main aims of the brief. 

I also wanted to further the idea of heritage by creating a variant on the traditional bacardi logo which will again emphasise the 'original' rum...




















____Design Boards


















Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.