You Are Reading

OUGD406 // Communication Is A Virus // JuicePurse Logo design

As we are looking at branding our product 'JuicePurse' i have started getting some ideas down for a logo. After sketching it out a few times, i realised that the letters J and P fit together quite well in a few different ways...

The capital P is almost an upside down Capital J, depending on what style of font your are using...


I really like this idea. It's simple, clean cut and slick. Maybe a little bit too professional looking for our brand but a really nice start ot some logo development. 


Other variations that didn't work out quite as well. 

I also figured out that the arrows used in the recycle logo (shown below) when twisted around a little bit sort of create the shapes of the 'J'  and 'P'. I have also played on this to create a different style of logo...






I am really pleased with the result of this one at the bottom. The arrow sort of joins in the middle to create this double headed wiggly arrow symbolising the recycling element of our product. The arrows are also seperate, similar to the arrows used in the recycling logo but you can also clearly see that these are a letter 'J' and 'P'. 

I will now try to recreate these logo variations digitally, to see which one works the best when translated...


I started with basic Helvetica on the capital J. I flipped this to create the 'P'...

Some other variations...








I think the simplest form of this one works the best by far. It looks really professional but you wouldn't really guess what kind of brand or business this would belong to from this. It sort of reminds me of the 'HP' computers logo so this is a little off putting. 


I tried to add a little bit of colour. A 'recycled' green gradient and a little bit of a opaque white orb through it just to add a little bit of definition. 



I moved onto the other idea i had and re-created this digitally...



This was taken straight from the recycle logo. For me personally, i can tell it says 'JP' but i font think other people would if they just seen it like this. It looks too much like two arrows...


Again, this one looks pretty cool, but it looks too much like an 'S' or just a curved double headed arrow. 



Moving it further over makes it look more like a 'J' and a 'P' but it still isn't quite clear enough. I will try to combine both logos to add the recycled element to it while still maintaing the clean professional finish and also a legible 'JP' logo. 




I added the glow to the black version of my logo, then tried to replicate the arrows into this. It probably works better than the original but still not perfect so i will revisit and maybe trace from my original drawings to get a more perfect logo. 





Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.