You Are Reading

Alphabet Soup - Final Typeface

To create my final typeface, i used the same technique as before. Using the images i had taken of the scanned hair, i tried to find certain elements in the hair which could relate to each letter. For example, i chose a looped string of hair for the letter 'O'.


I created my type by printing off the images of the scanned hair and using a light box, hand drawing each individual letter. This took a LONG time. When i finished this, i scanned them all in, and using grids and guides, created an A1 template of my typeface, ready to be printed and traced off at a later date.

My only concern would be if i can recreate the same intricate lines on a smaller scale. My letters are around 8x8cm. I have done a few test of this, printing them smaller and re-tracing them up and they seem to transfer to this size good. I would maybe just have to make certain areas less intricate which is a bit of annoying , but the final result should look really nice 


Final Typeface (digital)

I also created a name badge for Josh as part of the brief. I wanted to go with the old school american sticker name badge style with the 'My Name Is' because i thought it would be a pretty cool idea and would be a nice background for my type to sit on. I knocked up a quick template for the badge then added my type over the top of it...






Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.