You Are Reading

Design For Print - Further Diagrams

After researching further into the particular printing processes. I decided to alter my illustrations so they all fit into a particular style.

I wanted the illustrations to be all at the same angle so used reference images to come up with my final designs...


Lithography



Rotogravure





Flexography


Thermography


Digital Print


Screen Print

Letterpress



Pad Print



I'm fairly pleased with the results of these illustrations. They all work as a set and are simplified versions of the different print processes, making it personally easier for me to understand and use as reference whenever I may need too. 

I wanted to continue the simple theme throughout my publications to keep the style consistent and also to keep it simple and easy to understand as already discussed. 


Colour


I then moved onto creating diagrams for all the other elements of my booklets.

I started with artwork and pre-print checks and wanted the diagrams to be really simple so it was easy to understand but without over facing the reader and mainly myself...


RGB & CMYK


I created these simple RGB and CMYK circles by using the blending modes to overlap the colours. 


Rich Black



I wanted to show the difference between 100% Key and Rich Black as part of my publication so I created these simple rectangular shapes. 


Printer Marks




I used the printer mark as a reference to create this illustrations from. I will place these around my page appropriately to help back up the written content. 


Spell Check




Simple spell check line.





Stock



Jpeg & Tiff





Paper Sizes 





ISO System




C Series




Newspaper Sizes





Perforating 



Resizing / Resolution 



True Type







Collating







Trims & Bleeds






Colour Gamut



Resolution


Monotone





Duotone


                                     


Colour Halftone


B&W Halftone




I used an image of my grandad to represent the colour within photographs and resolution. This made it easier to use a good quality image and was also something that would fit within the design of my book without standing out too much. It's also a pretty cool photograph so would sit well with my layout.  





Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.