You Are Reading

Zombie Typeface Continued // Creating A New Typeface

From the original letterforms i created, i decided to create a typeface based on a couple of them merged together. Here are my letterforms below...



I moved on from this into creating a rough typeface, that all fits together as a set still on graph paper. I wanted to keep all the proportions right so that the typeface worked...


I moved from this into creating the letterforms digitally. I used the same shapes and moved them around so that each letter was made from the same shapes. I also creating them using guides on top of grid to keep everything straight....


'ABC'

I started really well and the 'ABC' in particular works well as some sort of logo, in my opinion. 


As you can see from the final typeface it is far from perfect. I really like the style i have maintained throughout consistently using the diagonal cuts and one edged curved. Some letters work better than others and i think i would probably have to re-visit this at a later date to get it perfect. Overall though, i am happy, i feel that i have brought the original zombie type letterforms into a typeface that actually works and definetely improved my skills at generating consistent type that works as a set. 







In Context...






Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.