You Are Reading

OUGD406 // Stamp It // Shoe Illustrations

I started on the working boot as an example to see if what i had in mind would actually work. I drew around the outline of the boot using the photo below as reference.



I wanted to experiment adding colour and tone to my image. I tried half-toning the image but it looked really bad and just like a filter basically. I moved on to creating my own patterns to add tone to various elements of the shoe. I wanted to keep it simple do just kept to three tones to begin with. light, medium and dark. 

I created the line and dot patterns in different tones as you can see..








I then stated adding them to the boot along with some overlaid patches of colour. I'm pretty pleased with some of these results. It's a good starting point anyway...







Brogues













Comments for this entry

Leave your comment

 

Copyright 2010. All rights reserved.

RSS Feed. This blog is proudly powered by Blogger and uses Modern Clix, a theme by Rodrigo Galindez. Modern Clix blogger template by Introblogger.